there are two kinds of re-entry processes...
- There are two variations on the journey at this point.
- You are returning for a break and to reconnect with senders; often called ‘home assignment’.
- Or you are returning home for good. What appears under each ‘milestone’ will vary according to the circumstances…
- For shorter-term trips home you may have less struggle with returning home.
- For a permanent return, this can be a deeply unsettling time, possibly more unsettling than the original culture shock.
- You need to plan well for your arrival, so you can take a good break, and show yourself plenty of grace!